政客Tony Burke和Julian Hill表示，无数生活在澳洲的PR持有者想要表达他们对澳洲的忠诚，结果却因为一个部门的“黑洞”被搁置了。
1. What do we remember on Anzac Day?
a. The landing of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps at Gallipoli, Turkey
b. The arrival of the first free settlers from Great Britain
c. The landing of the First Fleet at Sydney Cove
2. What are the colours of the Australian Aboriginal flag?
a. Black, red and yellow
b. Green, white and black
c. Blue, white and green
3. Which official symbol of Australia identifies Commonwealth property?
a. The national anthem
b. Australia’s national flower
c. Commonwealth Coat of Arms
4. Which of these statements about Australia’s system of government is correct?
a. The Queen of Australia chooses people to form the Australian parliament
b. The government is elected by the people
c. The Prime Minister chooses our members of parliament
5. Which of these is an example of freedom of speech?
a. People can peacefully protest against government decisions
b. Men and women are treated equally in a court of law
c. Australians are free to not follow a religion
6. Which of these statements about government in Australia is correct?
a. The government does not allow some religions
b. Government in Australia is secular
c. Religious laws are passed by parliament
7. Which of these is an example of equality in Australia?
a. Everyone follows the same religion
b. Men and women have the same rights
c. Everyone belongs to the same political party
8. Which of these is a responsibility of Australian citizens aged 18 years or over?
a. To attend local council meetings
b. To vote in elections
c. To have a current Australian passport
9. Which of these is a responsibility of Australian citizens aged 18 years or over?
a. To do local community service
b. To carry a passport at all times
c. To serve on a jury if called to do so
10. Which of these statements about passports is correct?
a. Australian citizens can apply for an Australian passport
b. Permanent residents can hold an Australian passport
c. Australian citizens need a passport and visa to return to Australia
11. Which of these statements about voting in Australian elections is correct?
a. People are free and safe to vote for any candidate
b. Voting is by a show of hands
c. People must write their name on their vote
12. What happened in Australia on January 1, 1901?
a. The Australian Constitution was changed by a referendum
b. The Australian Constitution came into effect
c. The Australian and New Zealand Army Corps was formed
13. What is the name of the legal document that sets out the rules for the government of Australia?
a. The Australian Federation
b. The Australian Commonwealth
c. The Australian constitution
14. What is a referendum?
a. A vote to change the government
b. A vote to change the Australian Constitution
c. A vote to change the Prime Minister
15. Which arm of government has the power to interpret and apply laws?
16. Which of these is a role of the Governor-General?
a. The appointment of state premiers
b. The signing of Bills passed by the Australian parliament
c. The appointment of the Head of State
17. Which of these statements about state governments is correct?
a. All states have the same constitution
b. Each state has its own constitution
c. The states have no constitution
18. What is the name given to the party or coalition of parties with the second largest number of members in the House of Representatives?
a. The Government
b. The Opposition
c. The Senate
19. What is the name of a proposal to make a law in parliament?
a. Royal Assent
20. Who maintains peace and order in Australia?
a. Public servants
1a, 2a, 3c, 4b, 5a, 6b, 7b, 8b, 9c, 10a, 11a, 12b, 13c, 14b, 15c, 16b, 17b, 18b, 19b, 20b